Monday 16 February 2009

YSL handed out free bags in Tokyo


For the fourth time, French luxury giant Yves Saint Laurent brought high-end fashion to the high-street with their Manifesto-campaign.

On Saturday 14th, yes, the day of LOVE that is, over half a million copies of the spring/summer catalogue, featuring a stunning Claudia Schiffer shot by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, was distributed in the fashion capitals of the world. Manifesto-ambassadeurs decked out in black hit the streets in Tokyo, London, Milan, New York, Paris and Hong-Kong armed with catalogues AND a limited edition of black canvas totes, designed by YSL creative director Stefano Pilati. And these bags, my friends, have caused fashionistas all over the globe to stress about how to get their mittens on this holy grail.
An YSL-bag - for FREE! But only for 12,000 Saturday strollers.

In Tokyo, the YSL-squad hit the glitzy areas of Daikanyama, Ginza and Omotesando.

Rumour had it that the squad would begin operation in my local neighbourhood of Daikanyama at 1pm and I was in agony. What if I miss them?? There's nothing more painful than being so close YET a world away.
But my lucky star was on high alert. I saw the YSL-van approaching the Sarugakucho Market Street and ran after if, desperate poor thing.

So YES - I am now the happy owner of a Stefano Pilati-designed tote.

Luxury bags for free - now THIS must be the ultimate in recession fashion!


Posted by Maria, Tokyo Metpod Fashion Ed (maria@fromtokyowithlove.com)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I'm enjoying listening to your section of the MetPod, and I have a question; I have a lot of clothes that no longer fit my wife. What should I do with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. ysl purse

    ReplyDelete